Powered By Blogger

måndag 17 oktober 2011

...as God desires to be known by us


Memorial moment (Rev. Scott Murray) - The Bible is clear, we are not.


"The Bible is perfectly clear. If there is a problem with its clarity is not in itself, but in us. We are ignorant of the meaning of its contents for a number of reasons. First, we may not understand the cultural context in which the meaning of the Bible is situated. So for example, when we understand that the man expelled from the wedding party in Matthew 22 has purposefully rejected the gift of free clothing offered him at the door of the banquet hall, we no longer question the mercy of the King, but marvel at it instead. Second, and by far the greatest obstacles in the Bible are those things that do not square with the limitations of our own human minds. For example, we struggle with those statements of the Bible that appear to contradict the plain facts of physics. How can the subsisting individuals of Father and Son be in one another?

Yet many so-called theologians are quick to point out the egregious errors in Holy Scripture, such as the impossibilities of the holy Trinity. This is like criticizing the physical theories of Albert Einstein using the Newtonian world view. This is relative ignorance criticizing the deep understanding of physical relativity. We will only express correctly the divine existence when we allow God to reveal Himself to us in Scripture and then we would think about God conforming our minds to His self-revelation. Only as we bend to His self-revelation through the work of the Holy Spirit, will we begin to know God as He desires to be known by us." 

(Rev. Scott Murray 3 oct 2011)


Joh. 14:8-14 (KJV)

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
 10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.





Matthew 22:11-14

King James Version (KJV)

 11And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
 12And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
 13Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
 14For many are called, but few are chosen.




Photo of a triangular stone (KL) Fäboda sept. 2011

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar