Powered By Blogger

måndag 9 februari 2015

Belarus - Nina, 67, detained, insulted and threatened for participating in rally, singing "Mighty God"

Belarus. Charter 97

"Nina Bahinskaia, 67 years old activist of the democratic movement, yesterday detained along with another eight participants of rally in memory of Mikhail Zhyzneuski, told Radio Svaboda how she was insulted and threatened in the police office of Tsentralny district of Minsk. --- At the end he said that I was too old in my tooth and he could personally bury me."




Charter 97: "Policemen maltreated 67-year-old activist in police department":
http://charter97.org/en/news/2015/1/23/136554/
"I was taken away my stick and not allowed to sit down although there were lots of new chairs in the hall. The policeman himself was sitting. I said that I was a person of advanced age and could not stand without the stick, and I needed something to lean on. But I was not given a chair. We were made facing a wall and said to place our hands on it. That was just impudence. I have never experienced it before."




Photo: KL

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar