Powered By Blogger

torsdag 19 januari 2012

"In the bleak midwinter"

1 John 4:19 "We love him, because he first loved us". "Vi älskar därför att han först har älskat oss". 1 Joh. 4:19

Charlotte Church/Tine Thing Helseth/Chanticleer ("In the bleak midwinter"/Trumpet tune).

"What can I give him, poor as I am? Yet what I can I give him: give my heart."

"In the bleak midwinter, frost wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

Our God, heaven cannot hold him, nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away when he comes to reign.
In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed
The Lord God almighty, Jesus Christ.

Enough for Him, whom cherubim, worship night and day,
Breastful of milk, and a mangerful of hay;
Enough for Him, whom angels fall before,
The ox and lamb and camel which adore.


Angels and archangels may have gathered there,
Cherubim and seraphim thronged the air;
But his mother only, in her maiden bliss,
Worshiped the beloved with a kiss.

What can I give him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a wise man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give him: give my heart."


Charlotte Church - "In the bleak midwinter"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnzL6ZI0PrU


Tine Thing Helseth (Trumpet tune) "In the bleak midwinter"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw8-OK1-aC0&feature=related



Chanticleer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjRXIiZ8bs0


"Kärleken består inte i att vi har älskat Gud utan att han har älskat oss och sänt sin Son till försoning för våra synder." 1 Joh. 4:10 (parallell) "In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1 John 4:10



"This also comes from the Lord of hosts; he is wonderful in counsel and excellent in wisdom". (Isaiah 28:29/Jes. 28:29) "Också detta kommer från HERREN Sebaot, underbar i råd och stor i vishet"  :  "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you." (John 15:16, ESV) "Ni har inte utvalt mig, utan jag har utvalt er och bestämt om er att ni skall gå ut och bära frukt, sådan frukt som består, för att Fadern må ge er vad ni än ber honom om i mitt namn." (Joh. 15:16 parallell till 1 Joh. 4:10)

Alla goda gåvor kommer från Gud. Vi får vila trygga i Guds plan. 
Jesus ger frälsningsvisshet, sänder oss ut  ("han har bestämt") och han ger löfte om bönesvar (Joh. 15:16).



Photo: Julia L. (at our summer cottage)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar