Powered By Blogger

onsdag 11 november 2020

"Blessed are You, Lord our God, Ruler of the universe, at whose word all came to be"

 - No, I'm not going to convert to Judaism, but as a Christian I love to relate to my Jewish forefathers in faith. I've been watching a beautiful Netflix series called "Shtisel" and I've learned a lot about ultra-Orthodox Judaism. The popular Israeli drama is about a Haredi Orthodox family in Jerusalem. I love how Jews traditionally recite a short blessing before eating any food, even before drinking a glass of water. A prayer may sound like this: "Blessed are You, Lord our God, Ruler of the universe, at whose word all came to be." The apostle Paul writes in the letter to Romans (11:18 ESV) to the Gentile Christians: "do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you."

***

"...still I believe there's a season to come..."

- As we get closer to winter, I'm still so fond of the following song "Seasons" (the photo is from our garden some years ago, taken by Joanna Lindén-Montes).

Here is the lyrics and some facts: 

http://minkristnasamhllsblogg.blogspot.com/2018/12/text.html

"Seasons" (Hillsong):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6AjsQpPKtU




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar