Powered By Blogger

måndag 9 maj 2016

Belarus - Statkevich: "they may develop the way how to neutralize me"

Belarus.
Former presidential candidate and political prisoner Mikalai Statkevich:  "I live in a private sector and have to go home through park and wastelands. Perhaps, they (the regime, KGB) may develop the way how to neutralize me. It is easier to catch you when you go on foot. It is harder to make you leave the car."

"The former political prisoner and candidate for the presidency Mikalai Statkevich is revoked a driving license of failure to pay fines for participation in unauthorized protest actions. --- "Formally, the decision is legal: my license can be revoked for failure to pay fines, as well as I cannot leave abroad and may be revoked the license of hunter or fisherman. But I consider fines illegal. I did not violate anything," --- Statkevich believes that the revocation of the driving license has another objective: "I live in a private sector and have to go home through park and wastelands. Perhaps, they may develop the way how to neutralize me. It is easier to catch you when you go on foot. It is harder to make you leave the car." Nevertheless, the politician is not going to hire a driver, as well as to ask his wife to give him a lift."


Charter 97: "Mikalai Statkevich revoked a driving license" (full text)
https://www.charter97.org/en/news/2016/4/28/201776/





Photo: KL

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar