Powered By Blogger

lördag 25 november 2017

Miserere mei, Deus

Lördag (Sabbaten gick in) - Söndag: Domsöndag. Psalm 51

'Miserere mei, Deus' (English translation)

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy.

According unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies remove my transgressions.

Wash me thoroughly from my iniquities, and cleanse me from my sin.


I knowingly confess my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Against Thee only have I sinned, and done evil before Thee: that they may be justified in Thy sayings, and might they overcome when I am judged.

But behold, I was formed in iniquity: and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Behold, Thou desires truth in my inner most being: and shalt make me to understand wisdom secretly.

Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, make me whiter than snow.

Open my ears and make me hear of joy and gladness: and my bones that have been humbled shall rejoice.

Turn away Thy face from my sins: and remember not all my misdeeds.

Create in me a clean heart, O God: and make anew a righteous spirit within my body.

Do not cast me away from Thy presence: and take not Thy holy spirit from me.


Restore unto me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.

I will teach those that are unjust Thy ways: and sinners shall be converted unto Thee.

Deliver me from blood, O God, the God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing of Thy righteousness.

O Lord, open my lips: and my mouth shall spring forth Thy praise.

For Thou desires no sacrifice, where others would: with burnt offerings Thou wilt not be delighted.

Sacrifices of God are broken spirits: dejected and contrite hearts, O God, Thou wilt not despise.

Deal favorably, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Zion: build Thou the walls of Jerusalem.

Then shalt Thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with small and large burnt offerings: then shall they lay calves upon your altar."

Psalm 51 (ESV) 
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+51&version=ESV

Upp. 5:6a "Och jag såg mitt för tronen och mitt ibland de fyra väsendena och de äldste ett Lamm stå där, som såg ut att ha blivit slaktat."

Upp. 19:8 "Åt henne har givits att klä sig i skinande rent linnetyg. Linnetyget är de heligas rättfärdighet."


***


"Miserere mei, Deus" (Allegri)  14:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Y_ztEW1NE

"Miserere mei" (5:43) King's College choir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX1zicNRLmY

***

"Nothing but the blood of Jesus" (Sarah Hart Pearsons)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW6rS1PoLGk



Bilder: KL

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar