Powered By Blogger

onsdag 4 december 2019

Belarus - Well-known journalist Iryna Khalip summoned to police for shouting "Long Live Belarus"!

Belarus in the heart of Europe. Long Live Belarus! Lack of freedom of speech. Public expression of an opinion is considered an administrative offence. 



- "As far as I remember, this is about violating the rules of holding mass events. Calls or something like that. I do not know the details yet.

I would like to say that the summons did not surprise me at all. Especially after the news that Ales Krutkin was arrested for 15 days just for a repost, which allegedly contained a call to come to a rally. Anyway, I was waiting for something like this." (Iryna Khalip)


Charter 97: "Iryna Khalip summoned to police" (full text)
https://charter97.org/en/news/2019/12/2/357590


Charter 97: "I will express my opinion publicly in court" (full text):
https://charter97.org/en/news/2019/12/2/357603/
- "I was handed a protocol, which says that I came to Kastrychnitskaya Square to express publicly my attitude to the results of the upcoming "elections", and was shouting out slogans "Long Live Belarus!" during the rally. That was all, actually.

It is an administrative offense from their point of view. They drew up a protocol. A court session will be scheduled. ---  It is forbidden (to say Long Live Belarus)! And it turns out that it is also forbidden to express publicly one's attitude to "elections". Public expression of an opinion is considered an administrative offence. --- I do not intend to do anything in this situation. I wrote that I do not agree with the protocol. This is the only thing I could do. I will once again express my opinion publicly in court, - Iryna Khalip said."


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar