Powered By Blogger

tisdag 19 maj 2015

Imprisoned under pressure in Belarus: the last 2010 presidential candidate Mikalai Statkevich - He hopes to survive

Belarus 2015. Imprisoned ex-presidential candidate Mikalai Statkevich writes to his wife Marina Adamovich:

“The pressure on me was so obvious and ostentatious, that some my fellow prisoners said that serial killers are treated better.” (Charter 97)


"I hope to survive, but do know only one thing – they will not force me betray. I do not aspire to be a hero, but I want to remain a decent human being." (Belsat)









Charter 97: "Mikalai Statkevich’s wife received first letter from Mahilyou prison"
http://www.charter97.org/en/news/2015/5/13/151362/
 "I do not want to sit with the neighbours which had been selected for me, and to control their behaviour all the time."




Belsat TV: "Imprisoned ex-presidential candidate: I am not a hero, I just want to remain a decent man"
http://belsat.eu/en/articles/imprisoned-ex-presidential-candidate-i-am-not-hero-i-just-want-remain-decent-man/
"Meanwhile, prison is a serious test for one’s physical and mental health because of the permanent staying in a confined space. Well, two locked prisons in a row are assigned to the most dangerous and recalcitrant prisoner and aims to break them physically and mentally. I hope to survive, but do know only one thing – they will not force me betray. I do not aspire to be a hero, but I want to remain a decent human being. Unfortunately, in this country, it can cost quite expensive. I am willing to pay,"  Mikalai Statkevich says in his letter.--- Mikalai Statkevich is the last 2010 presidential candidate whom the Belarusian regime is still keeping in prison."






Human rights. Freedom of speech.

Photo: KL

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar